Common Types of AC Systems & Their Benefits
When it comes to finding the right air conditioner for your home, you have a lot of options. Different types of AC systems offer different benefits, from customized cooling to unparalleled energy efficiency.
Some of the most popular air conditioning systems in Alabama include:
- Central Air Conditioners: Central air conditioning is an incredibly convenient and efficient way of keeping your home comfortable. It provides consistent cooling throughout your home, eliminating the need to turn on individual air conditioners in each room. Central air conditioning works by circulating cooled air through the home via a network of connected ducts. Using an outdoor compressor unit and an indoor air handler, central air conditioners draw warm air from inside and cool it before pushing the cooled air back through the ducts.
- Ductless Mini-Split Air Conditioners: Ductless mini-split ACs offer a range of benefits compared to traditional central air conditioning systems. They are often much more energy-efficient and may provide superior air filtration. They also have the added advantage of being able to be installed in any room, regardless of space restrictions, and they are much quieter than other types of AC systems. Because these split ACs don’t rely on ductwork, installation is typically much easier, and the systems can be controlled separately for each room, so you can adjust the temperature in different areas of your home. Additionally, ductless mini-split ACs tend to be much more affordable than traditional air conditioning systems, as they don’t require as much installation, labor, or equipment.
- Window-Unit Air Conditioners: One major advantage of window air conditioners is that they are relatively inexpensive to purchase and install compared to other types of air conditioning systems. Window units also tend to take up less space, which makes them a great option for smaller apartments and homes with limited square footage. Most models have multiple fan speeds and temperature settings that allow you to adjust the air conditioner’s output depending on your specific needs, and they are relatively easy to maintain and repair.
- Wall-Mounted Air Conditioners: Wall-mounted air conditioners provide efficient cooling while being easy to install. They are more energy-efficient than traditional window units, reducing your energy bills significantly over time. Wall-mounted air conditioners also tend to be quieter than window units and take up less space in your home. They can offer better temperature control, allowing you to set specific temperatures for certain areas in the room or house, and they provide better air circulation than window units, helping to improve the overall air quality in your home. Wall-mounted air conditioners are also easy to maintain and require minimal cleaning. They come in a variety of designs, so you can easily find one that fits your home's décor.
- Floor-Mounted Air Conditioners: Floor-mounted air conditioners are an ideal choice for cooling large spaces. These units are mounted to the floor and typically take up very little space. They are usually more powerful than their wall-mounted counterparts, which makes them a better choice for cooling large areas. And, since they are designed to be stationary, they are easy to install and require minimal maintenance. Floor-mounted air conditioners are also energy efficient, using less electricity than traditional window units. They feature multi-zone capabilities, allowing you to cool several rooms at once, or just one. Some models also feature adjustable fan speed settings that allow you to customize your cooling needs.
At Valley Heating & Cooling, we can help you find the right air conditioner for your unique needs. We evaluate the size of your home, your personal comfort preference, your budget, and other factors before making a professional recommendation. We can also provide you with a free estimate, so you know what to expect before we begin any work.
On qualifying Lennox Heating & A/C Systems. *Not to be used in conjunction with other coupons or specials. Valid from Mar 30, 2023 - Nov 30, 2023
How Often Will an Air Conditioner Need Repairs?
Over time, all air conditioning systems will experience some wear and tear. However, your air conditioner shouldn’t break down every time you turn it on. With annual AC maintenance, you should expect your air conditioner to keep you cool throughout the hottest months of the year.
If your AC has broken down more than a couple of times in the past year, or if it never seems to keep your home as comfortable as you want it, it might be time to think about replacing your AC. A newer, more energy-efficient model can save you considerable time, money, and hassle. You could even see a serious reduction in your utility bills thanks to improved performance and a higher SEER rating.
Reach out to Valley Heating & Cooling for all your Tennessee Valley air conditioning service needs. From routine repairs to complete system replacement, we are ready to tackle any project, big or small.
Why Valley Heating & Cooling Is the Right Choice for Your AC Needs
We put your comfort first. At Valley Heating & Cooling, we are dedicated to providing our customers with fast, friendly service and exceptional results. We always strive for complete customer satisfaction, and we offer a number of special offers and discounts to help make your AC service easier and more affordable than ever.
We have been proudly serving the area since 1978, providing top-quality AC installations, repairs, replacements, and routine maintenance services. As your trusted HVAC provider, we are equipped to handle it all. Our highly trained technicians always arrive on time with everything needed to get the job done quickly and correctly. We’ll even make sure that everything is working well before we leave.
For same-day service, including 24-hour emergency AC repairs, call (256) 474-7550 or contact Valley Heating & Cooling online.
Contact Valley Heating & Cooling TodayServicing All Brands
Our team is here to answer your questions. Contact us today at (256) 474-7550 or complete the form below.