Maintaining air balance is the key to comfort across your entire home.
A properly selected, installed, and maintained HVAC system offers the Tennessee Valley's families numerous advantages, such as improved air quality and energy savings. Air balancing is a crucial part of the maintenance process, as it reduces indoor temperature inconsistencies while conserving energy and maximizing comfort.
Residential HVAC systems should be balanced once per year for optimal results. At Valley Heating & Cooling, our technicians will visit your home and ensure that all vents are releasing the same amount of air. Call or click today to learn how we can ensure consistent comfort and air quality throughout your Athens, Cullman, or Decatur home. We're here to help you stay comfortable!
Why is Air Balancing Important?
As families are spending more time at home, indoor comfort and financial savings have become more essential. Homeowners all over the area are looking for ways to avoid summertime hot spots and wintertime cold spots, and air balancing accomplishes all these goals and many more.
Good maintenance practices ensure that home HVAC systems perform well all year round, and air balancing ensures the best results. When indoor temperatures are higher in some places than in others, the problem may have several causes. In some instances, imbalances come from malfunctioning thermostats, while other issues are more widespread. Knowing what's causing the problem—and when to balance an HVAC system—ensures long life and high performance. Consider scheduling an air balancing appointment when:
- A system has recently been installed
- Repairs have recently been made
- Upgrades or modifications have taken place
- Renovations are finished
- There are hot or cold spots in the home
- It's been more than a year since the last balancing appointment
Whether you're dealing with major problems or minor issues, air balancing works to ensure consistent temperatures and greater indoor comfort. Call or email us today to learn more about our indoor air quality and balancing services.
How Air Balancing is Done
Air balancing maintains comfort in every room of a home. Our customers schedule these services for various reasons, all of which are important. Here, we'll outline a few basic steps in the air balancing process.
It starts when one of our HVAC technicians places a hood over the system's supply vents. Then, using an instrument called a manometer, they measure the level of air entering and exiting the vents. The instrument records the system's internal pressure, pointing out imbalances due to:
- Physical blockages
- Damaged or dirty vents
- Loosely connected ductwork
- Improperly constructed or damaged ducts
After determining the nature of the air imbalance, our technicians will use another instrument called a hygrometer to measure indoor humidity levels. Call us today, and one of our indoor air quality experts will walk you through the entire process.
The Advantages of Air Balancing
Healthy air is balanced. When a home's HVAC system works efficiently, you'll see and feel the difference. Savings and comfort are just two of the benefits of a balanced air conditioning system. Other than consistent temperatures and lower utility bills, there are a few other reasons to schedule an air balancing appointment.
- It helps systems last longer. This benefit is vital, yet it's often overlooked. Replacing an HVAC system isn't cheap, but taking steps to extend its lifespan can be cost-effective. When systems are imbalanced, blockages cause them to work harder and wear out sooner. With help from our team, however, your system can last longer.
- It provides higher air quality. When airflow is blocked for extended periods, it may lead to the growth of mold and mildew, which can cause respiratory distress in sensitive individuals. If the system is properly balanced, however, everyone in the house will breathe safe, clean, and fresh air. Call us today to learn how we can keep your air feeling and smelling fresh.
- It may point out other issues. When Valley Heating & Cooling's technicians examine a system's air balance, they may find small issues before they turn into bigger ones. When problems are caught early on, Tennessee Valley homeowners save money, time, and frustration.
- It makes the home more comfortable overall. Fresh air and cool, comfortable temperatures do much to improve families' quality of life. As people continue to work, relax, and study at home, indoor comfort has become more important. Air balancing provides homebound families with the comfort they need to make long days more bearable, and it is crucial to their overall well-being.
- Systems become more efficient. These days, families are becoming more aware of how their habits affect the environment, but few are willing to sacrifice comfort in the name of efficiency. Air balancing ensures that residential HVAC systems only use as much energy as they need to get the job done.
- It helps families save money every month. When energy is wasted, money is spent needlessly. Suppose a home's air conditioning system isn't well maintained and airflow is inconsistent from one room to the next. In that case, many are tempted to turn the thermostat down—which inevitably brings higher energy bills. Along with an efficient thermostat, a balanced system will help the Tennessee Valley's families save a great deal of money.
When you're looking for ways to cut costs without giving up indoor comfort, HVAC balancing is a great place to start. Request additional information through our online form or call today to schedule an appointment.
Why Work With Our Team?
We know the area's families have choices when it comes to HVAC maintenance and repairs, and we're grateful that they continue to put their trust in our company. For over 35 years, we've been serving local homeowners by providing fast, friendly, and reliable air conditioning and heating services. Get in touch with us today and feel the difference tonight!
When you're feeling uncomfortable at home and need a fast solution, there's only one call to make: Valley Heating & Cooling. From our air balancing services to our maintenance and repair scheduling, it's never been easier to get the indoor comfort assistance you need. Book an appointment online or call today to get started.